Mould Remediation & Removal
Steamatic has been providing mould remediation services to residential, commercial and industrial clients for over 30 years. With 38 locations throughout Australia, we’ve got you covered. Our highly trained technicians use the most advanced and innovative technologies to remove mould from affected properties.
When there is excessive moisture and high humidity within a structure, there is a potential for mould growth. This could occur from an ongoing, undetected pipe leak, flooding event from a weather catastrophe or an unmitigated water damage. If mould is found within a property, it needs to be addressed immediately. Microbial contamination can pose adverse health effects to those exposed, especially at-risk people and the very young, immunocompromised persons, people with underlying health issues and the older population. It is important to ensure that corrective steps are taken to remove not only the visible mould, but also, mould that can be growing within wall cavities, behind cabinets and under flooring. Once the source of the water or high humidity levels has been rectified, a full remediation can be completed.
An on-site inspection from a Steamatic Assessment Manager is the key step to identifying and determining the best plan of action for treatment. Although identifying visual mould is important, it is crucial to ascertain if the mould growth is occurring within cavities or behind cabinets and is not visible. Identifying the source of the mould is just as essential. Without identification and correction of the moisture source, even the best removal and remediation methods and plans can become ineffective as mould will eventually re-emerge if not treated properly.
Steamatic’s highly trained Assessment Managers will investigate the source of the moisture and inspect areas that could be suspect and develop an effective remediation plan.
THE REMEDIATION PLAN
- A mould remediation plan usually includes:
- Identification of excessive moisture and humidity
- Using appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) by technicians and anyone onsite
- Using specialised equipment to remove airborne mould spores
- Setting up containment to enclose affected areas to stop cross contamination to clean areas from occurring
- Steps to safely and effectively remove mould affected building materials and contents
- Pack-outs and inventory listing (if required). Affected contents will be transported to a Steamatic state-of-the-art and secure facility for cleaning and storage
- Final cleaning, decontamination, drying and clearance testing
Each remediation plan can vary greatly depending on the size and complexity of the job.
As a part of Steamatic’s mould removal services, we collect and test mould samples to:
- Establish the true extent of mould contamination
- Species identification to determine the toxicity and health risks to humans
- Post remedial clearance testing for quality control
FINAL CLEARANCE TESTING
Air and surface samples are taken in the remediated area for testing. Steamatic will have indoor air quality specialists carry out all the appropriate microbial testing. The mould samples are sent to an independent laboratory for further testing to verify safe mould ecology post remediation.
If you would like to book a job in with Steamatic, click here.